- Represent members’ interests with the Bermuda Government and the Bermuda Monetary Authority.
- Provide educational opportunities for members by offering technical courses and seminars led by industry experts.
- Contribute to the Bermuda Insurance Update newsletter.
- Participate in planning the Bermuda Captive Conference with the Bermuda Captive Conference Committee.
- Coordinate the Bermuda Captive Breakfast Seminars with the Insurance Development Council.
- Offer a scholarship to assist a local student to obtain the Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) professional designation which is offered by The International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE).
- Provide an opportunity for college students to get an insight into the captive insurance industry through a BIMA summer internship program.
- Contribute to the Insurance Development Council (IDC) Marketing Fund.
- Have representation on the IDC to ensure members’ requirements are addressed in the marketing of Bermuda as a captive domicile.